Re: [PULL] cheese: overrun callback for slow machines
- From: Alexey Fisher <bug-track fisher-privat net>
- To: Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>
- Cc: cheese-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: [PULL] cheese: overrun callback for slow machines
- Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 12:23:00 +0200
Am Mittwoch, den 25.08.2010, 09:50 +0100 schrieb Bastien Nocera:
> On Mon, 2010-08-23 at 18:07 -0700, Brandon Philips wrote:
> > Hello-
> > This is one half of my solution to slow netbooks running cheese and
> > trying to encode videos. The basic idea here is to detect a pipeline
> > stall and inform the user that their machine is too slow to encode video
> > in real time. It suggests that lowering the resolution might help.
> I would much rather that the uncompressed video was queued to disk, and
> compression finished when we stop the capture.
Probably cheaper for cpu and hdd will be mjpeg than raw.
] [Thread Prev