Re: time lapse feature

Filippo,
On Mon, 2009-05-18 at 15:27 +0200, Filippo Argiolas wrote:
> I agree that the proper way to do this should be to downrate the
> pipeline and don't disconnect the "handoff" signal. You can also ask
> for < 1 frames per second using fractional framerates (i.e. 1/30 gives
> you one shot every 30 seconds).
I've had a look at this but it doesn't seem viable.  However, my
understanding comes only from the cheese codebase, so I may be wrong.
But here's why I don't think it can be done this way.

The function cheese_webcam_get_supported_framerates returns the list of
framerates supported by a particular camera. However, a user may want to
take 2 pictures per second.  Furthermore, this framerate may not be in
the framerates GArray.  If it's not supported by the camera I don't
think I should try and force the GStreamer element into such a mode.

Unless I'm wrong, my original solution may be better (short of
implementing a gstreamer timelapse element) i.e. create tmp folder, take
n pictures per second, create video from these, store video in
Pictures/Webcam/.

--
Aidan