Re: Remove flickering on resize and get rid of the aspect frame

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 8:34 AM, Filippo Argiolas <fargiolas gnome org> wrote:
> On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 6:47 PM, daniel g. siegel <dgsiegel gnome org> wrote:
>> hey filippo!
> hey!
>
>> again, this is an awesome feature. it seems to work fine, i just have
>> some comments:
>>
>>      * on start, i automatically get 2 small black borders on each side
>>        with a resolution of 640x480. we should remove that.
>
> I tried but it's quite difficult.

Should be fixed with commit
http://git.gnome.org/cgit/cheese/commit/?h=noflicker&id=229bc9c8c47eba2096cd7f4f32dd369d99e117bb

It works pretty fine with 4:3 webcam resolution (640x480), no black
bars and no minimum size constrictions in the drawing area :) (Owen
deserves credits for the handy trick).
Doing it depending on the webcam resolution would be a bit more
difficult and would surely involve an initial size of the window and a
resize after webcam detection. It would quite ugly so I don't think
it's worth to look into this more. Maybe we can improve this a little
bit setting the aspect ratio to the one of the resolution saved in
gconf.
By the way, this partly solves the netbook bug too since he pushes a
lot down the minimum size of the window.

So, ready for the merge?

ciao,
Filippo