Re: Remove flickering on resize and get rid of the aspect frame

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 10:03 AM, Stefan Kost <ensonic hora-obscura de> wrote:
>> I'm not sure to understand what you mean. According to GstXOverlay
>> docs, gst_x_overlay_expose should work in PAUSED state too. Am I
>> missing anything?
>>
> Yes, exactly. Unless you disable "handle-expose" in xvimagesink, it will
> redraw current frame in paused/playing. But if the pipeline is not
> started yet, and you resize the window no one repaints and it looks
> ugly. Thats what the above code takes care of.

The only case where that could happen in cheese is if a user goes to
the effect selector, then comes back to the preview and resizes the
window while the pipeline is restarting. Quite unlikely, but we could
just show the throbber there too.

Filippo