Re: cheese changelog

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 3:51 PM, daniel g. siegel <dgsiegel gnome org> wrote:

>> > Usual stuff: date, name, description, files affected?
>>
>> As far I as I know Behdad is working on integrating the ChangeLog
>> macro directly into gnome-common as soon as the git module is fixed.
>> As he wrote the current rule that can be found on l.g.o and that
>> several modules are already using the format will probably stay that
>> one (git log --stat).
>
> so, should we wait for the work being finished?

Sure, we can wait, not that we're going to release anything soon.
I'd say for now we can just:
- git mv ChangeLog ChangeLog.pre-git
- add a new ChangeLog with the following

2009-04-21  bla bla <blabla bla>

       * *: The ChangeLog is auto-generated when releasing. If you
       are seeing this, use 'git log' for a detailed list of changes.

> another thing: on the ddl-list, some guys proposed some other format.
> might be worth a look

Anything is good for me as long as I'm never going to read it :)
Seriously, would be great to have a single shared format for
autogenerated ChangeLog across all modules, so the one that will go in
gnome-common should be fine.

Filippo