Re: cheese is bleeding edge

On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 3:20 AM, Zenko Klapko Jr.
<covertcodeop1 gmail com> wrote:
> I spent the last several days trying to build gnome. Gnome is a huge
>  project and building it takes some time. I've tried garnome and I've
>  gotten pretty far with jhbuild, I thought perhaps I could edit the
>  Makefile and switch the directories to point to the jhbuild output.
>  The build progresses further but there are gstreamer error messages. I
>  haven't finished jhbuild so perhaps thats the reason why I get the
>  error messages.
>
>  This is my first time and yes I'm whining but really I'm looking for
>  some encouragement or a bit of advise. If I want to get more into
>  developing for Linux, should I start rolling my own? What sort of
>  setups do the other cheese developers use? So far I have the tools:
>  gcc check, svn check, make check...

Zenko,

As I said I use jhbuild for all GNOME development. Did you follow all
instructions on http://live.gnome.org/Jhbuild

Overhere http://live.gnome.org/JhbuildIssues you can also find
solutions to common problems.

It can be however that some of the modules don't compile because their
repo is just in non compilable state. You can try to fix it or report
a bug or just wait a day or so. (Usually these errors get fixed pretty
quickly)

Jaap