Re: cheese is bleeding edge

On Fr, 2008-03-14 at 22:46 -0400, Zenko Klapko Jr. wrote:
> and it stings a little.
>
> I downloaded cheese from svn, made sure that I compiled the 10.15
> version of all the gstreamer plugins, then I tried compiling cheese.
>
> Topmost error:
> cheese-thumb-view.c:27:21: error: gio/gio.h: No such file or directory
> cheese-thumb-view.c:45: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list
> before 'GFileMonitor'

you probably are running the old glib. you need the new one to run
cheese.

- either compile it yourself (see jaaps hint about jhbuild)
- or wait a few days in order to the let the packages create the gnome
2.22 packages

daniel

> I found out that gio is part of the new gnome framework specifically
> the vfs. Downloaded, compiled, and installed that but the header is
> still missing. Is there a developer version that I need? Could someone
> post a link?
>
> As a side question- how do you guys stay up to date? Different distro?
> Download and install when the source comes out?

if you dont want to use jhbuild, you can use the gnome developer kit,
which is a livecd/virtual image, which you can run with the latest gnome
software on it

--
this mail was sent using 100% recycled electrons
daniel g. siegel <dgsiegel gmail com>