Re: cheese is bleeding edge

I spent the last several days trying to build gnome. Gnome is a huge
project and building it takes some time. I've tried garnome and I've
gotten pretty far with jhbuild, I thought perhaps I could edit the
Makefile and switch the directories to point to the jhbuild output.
The build progresses further but there are gstreamer error messages. I
haven't finished jhbuild so perhaps thats the reason why I get the
error messages.

This is my first time and yes I'm whining but really I'm looking for
some encouragement or a bit of advise. If I want to get more into
developing for Linux, should I start rolling my own? What sort of
setups do the other cheese developers use? So far I have the tools:
gcc check, svn check, make check...

-Zenko

--
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much
liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.