Re: Running Cheese on MID devices ( Hildonization )

hi!

thanks for that patch, i just applied it to svn. how strange that nobody
found that before ;)

On Do, 2008-06-12 at 20:53 +0530, Aditya Vishwakarma wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to improve the UI of cheese for MID devices.
>
> I have come across a stray typo which prevent compilation when
> --enable-hildon argument is provided to ./configure.h. I have attached
> a patch to resolve the issue. The program compiles correctly now.
>
> However, there is this small issue that i preventing me from
> progressing further in my project. Whenever i try to run cheese i get
> this error
>
> ** ERROR **: Could not initialise connection to hald.
> Normally this means the HAL daemon (hald) is not running or not ready
> aborting...
> Aborted

it seems that hal isnt running? ;)

> I am supposing its because of the emulated nature of the device that
> this problem is occuring. Anyways, i tried fiddling with
> cheese_webcam_detect_webcam_devices() function by explicitly calling
> cheese_webcam_create_fake_format() however, to no avail.
> I would love it if someone can help me create a fake webcam device so
> that i can tune the UI as desired by the project.

you can use a fake webcam device if you use videotestsrc as source. you
can either set that using gstreamer-properties or just with
disconnecting your webcam. with that enabled you can go ahead.

daniel