Invoke "Quick Event" from external application via parameter or DBus?

Hi everyone!

I would like to write a plugin for the "Kupfer" command launcher to add an event to California via the "Quick Event Syntax". Is there a way to pass such a string to california and maybe even get some sort of return value, like information about of how the string has been interpreted and the fields have been matched?

I am thinking of a command line parameter or some kind of DBus API call.
If not, I suppose that this would make a valuable addition, as the "Quick Event" functionality is imho predestined for being called by external applications.

Yorba's apps are a must have for a modern Linux desktop experience. Thank you for the great work!

Best,
Manu