Re: Libical Dual License

On Mon, 18 Oct 1999, Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> > I'm glad to hear of the new license terms, and hope that we can make
> > good use of libical.  I've subscribed to the libical mailing list,
> > and, unless one of the principal developers of gnomecal wants to do
> > it, I'll volunteer to work on/coordinate the integration from the
> > gnomecal side.  (Of course, what that means is still unclear to me;
> > are we going to continue to improve the current gnomecal code base,
> > or are we waiting to move to the new integrated app?)
>
> We are moving toward a new integrated app, but integration is achieved
> by means of Bonobo components.  So gnomecal will just become a Bonobo
> component (we might still provide an alias "gnomecal" that will be a
> 5-line program that basically embeds a GnomeCal Bonobo object)

Looking over the libical sources, I've found that it uses some internal
memory management routines (i.e. icalmemory.*).  Do we want to have
libical use glib routines, or continue to use the libical memory routines?

In summary, do we want to have libical use glib routines or leave it how
it is?

Rusty

== Rusty Conover       rconover@zootweb.com   ==
== System Programmer   406-586-5050x222       ==
== Zoot Enterprises    Bozeman, Montana, USA  ==
=========[Web: http://www.zootweb.com/]=========