Gnomecal standards target

Miguel (and other gnomcal hackers):

While investigating the changes to the alarm code which I mentioned
in my last message to the list, I realized that I was unsure of an
essential piece of information: what vCal standard are we aiming at?

>From inspecting the code and the current file format, it seems we are
complying with vCalendar 1.0 (I think), as implemented by the
libversit library.

A few months ago, however, there was traffic on the list that
indicated that we were following  RFC 2445: Internet Calendaring and
Scheduling Core Object Specification (iCalendar).  While the latter
is clearly a revision of the former, it changed the syntax for
defining alarms (among other changes).

As a practical matter, I assume that we are going to stick with the
older syntax (AALARM, DALARM, etc.) since that is what libversit
implements and what our current code uses.  I think, though, that
that will limit us to one alarm of each type (a fairly large problem
in my eyes).  But porting to the new format could be a major
undertaking.

Comments?  Am I just missing something important?

-Russell

--
Russell Steinthal		Columbia Law School, Class of 2002
<rms39@columbia.edu>		Columbia College, Class of 1999

NOTE: My address steintr@avnet.org will stop working soon... Use one
of the current alternatives listed above!