Re: ISO weeknumbers

>  The next task will be rewriting gnome-month-item to include weeknumber column
>  if the option is selected. As this is implemented as a canvas item, I thought
>  that it would be simple enough to follow Federico's model with the item
>  groups.

I don't think something as drastic as a rewrite is needed.  You should
only need to:

	1. Add some room in the GnomeMonthItemChild enumeration for
           the text items for the week numbers.  I would put this
           between GNOME_MONTH_ITEM_HEAD_LABEL and
           GNOME_MONTH_ITEM_DAY_GROUP.

	2. Add the necessary utility functions to create the text
           items.

	3. Modify reshape_headings() and reshape_days() to take into
           account the space for the week numbers.

	4. Add a reshape_weeks(), maybe, to reconfigure the items as
           necessary.

>  It is not. I'm currently at loss because the canvas does not behave as I
>  expected. I have been able to make room for the weeknumber column, but when
>  I create the canvas items for the new column, they either segfault at will or
>  at best do not update correctly. I have checked every call to canvas item
>  manipulation and I believe I pass only valid parameters and pointers.
>  Apparently I'm overlooking something in canvas operation, or there is some
>  stupid bug lurking out there.

I will be happy to help you with this if you send me your copy of the
source:-)

  Federico