Potential UI change- comments requested

All:

I've been working some major changes to the alarm framework, with the
primary goal of allowing an unlimited number of alarms for a given
event (the current architecture only allows one of each type).  While
I still have a lot of code to write before I'm at that point, I've
almost finalized the UI changes and wanted to get comments/objections
before I proceed further.

If I press the correct buttons in my mail client, attached should be
a screenshot showing the modified event editor and four "Alarm
Details" dialogs, showing the four different states of that box
(controlled by the radio button at the left).  For the curious, I had
to use four concurrent gnomecals to generate the screen shot, since a
given process will only allow one alarm details box at a time.

The code for updating the alarm list in the event editor is not yet
written, but you can imagine the GtkCList at the bottom filled in
appropriately.:)

Comments are appreciated, especially if there's some fundamental
objection to this change I should know about before I get further
into this.

-Russell

PS: As you'll also notice, the audio alarm dialog allows the user to
specify a sound file, as provided by the vCal spec; I figured I'd
implement that while I was poking around the alarm code in any case
(although a code contribution would be quite welcome).

alarm.jpg

Russell Steinthal		Columbia Law School, Class of 2002
<rms39@columbia.edu>		Columbia College, Class of 1999
<steintr@nj.org>		UNIX System Administrator, nj.org

NOTE: My address steintr@avnet.org will stop working soon... Use one
of the current alternatives listed above!