[BuildStream] Migrating the ostree plug-in away from BuildStream core

Hi All,

Following on from this thread [0]. I'm planning to make a start by
moving the ostree plug-in out of BuildStream core.

I've outlined my thoughts on what the end result would look
like below. If I've got anything wrong, please call me out :)

The new repo
------------

Create a new repo containing a copy of the ostree plug-in. The
obvious choice to me is something like
'bst-plugins-ostree'. However I may be ignorant of some plug-ins
which it would make sense to keep together with the ostree plug-in
so am happy to hear alternative suggestions.

The tests and associated data files covering the ostree plug-in
(tests/sources/ostree*) will be copied into this new repo. Once the
MR[1] exposing some plug-in testing utilities lands, this should be
very straight forward.

I would like to replicate the set up the core CI has insofar as
ensuring that the plug-in's tests are run on the same range of
distros.

Once the new repo is ready and MR 1057 [2] has landed, I will add a
deprecation warning to the ostree plug-in found in core with a
message directing users to the new repo.

The timetable
-------------
The original timetable for migrating plug-ins from core (as
discussed in this thread [0]) was removing the plug-ins in the 1.6
release. Given the proposed changes to the release schedule [4]
I would suggest that the plug-ins would be removed in the 2.0
release.

Regards,
Phil

--
Phil Dawson, Software Engineer                          Codethink Ltd
https://www.codethink.co.uk/