Re: [BuildStream] Proposal: Workspace related DX features & design

Hi!

I noticed much earlier on this thread that we are proposing to add a
'.bst' directory to every workspace, so that we may map back to the
originating project.

I mildly prefer that we choose '.bstworkspace' or something similarly
more descriptive instead.

This is partly because I can imagine we might have some other use for
'.bst' later, with it being quite a general name. Admittedly I don't
have an example.

I also think it's likely that whatever we choose will then often end
up in e.g. people's global git ignore file, rather than the source
repo one. This is because I imagine it's not always a feature of the
source repo that it's built with BuildStream. Again this makes me
think that we should choose a more specific name, to help avoid
clashes with other software. Also, when people later re-assess their
ignore file, it will be more obvious why they put it there in the
first place.

Apologies if this comes off as bikeshedding at the 11th hour :)

Cheers,
Angelos