[BuildStream] BuildStream Gathering 2018: update

Hi,

You can follow the progress in the Gathering organization in these two places:
* Wiki page: https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/BuildStream/Events#BuildStream_Gathering_2018
* Calendar (week 42):
https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=codethink.co.uk_mpgah0uj538hnbsf4l7b4rchts%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Europe%2FMadrid

There are several news related with the BuildStream Gathering 2018 I want to share with you.

## Training Sessions

There will be two training session during the BuildStream Gathering 2018

* BuildStream 101 for beginners on Tuesday 16 October at 17:00 led by Tristan Maat.
** Link: https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/BuildStream/Events#BuildStream_101

* BuildStream 102 for those with prior experience with BuildStream or extensive experience in other build
tools, on Thursday 18 October led by James Ennis and Tom Pollard.
** Link: https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/BuildStream/Events#BuildStream_102

We will announce this week how to participate since there are very limited number of seats.

## BuildStream Architecture presentation

Tristan VB will present the Architecture of BuildStream on Wednesday 17 October. Check the calendar for more
information.

## Lightning talks

There will be some lightning talks as Gathering closure on Friday at 17:00 taking advantage of the Friday
Talks activity that Codethink organise on weekly basis. More information will be published on the calendar.

## Social activities

I would like to organise a couple group lunches and dinners. More information will be provided about these
activities through the wiki:
* Link: https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/BuildStream/Events#Social_activities

## Additional agenda topics

As you can see on the wiki, there is a table where you can add the topics you would like to see on the agenda
as discussion topic or during the hacking session. It is called "Proposed topics" table. I am starting to add
them to the schedule (calendar). Once I have added a topic, it will be moved to the "Scheduled topics" table,
including a link to the slot in the calendar.

Please ping me directly or through the mailing list if the assigned slot is not convenient. As usual, there
are several dependencies to meet so it will be impossible to accommodate them all. I will try though. I would
appreciate if you include in the comment cell of the "Proposed topic" table any hard dependency you would
like me to consider.

The goal of this process is to arrive to the opening session on Tuesday morning with an agenda proposal.
During that morning session, every participant will have the opportunity to raise new topics or propose an
agenda change and we will try to accommodate it, specially those that can be assigned as a hacking sessions,
either because it requires to seat in front of the computer or because it only involves a very limited number
of people. We will follow a similar process during every morning initial session, although available slots
will be very limited by then.

* Proposed topics table: https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/BuildStream/Events#Proposed_topics
* Scheduled topics table: https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/BuildStream/Events#Scheduled_topics

Deadline: please add your topics before this coming Friday. I will be traveling next Monday and I will need
time to close the agenda draft. Otherwise, you will need to raise your topic on the initial session on
Tuesday which again, reduces the possibilities of getting a convenient slot.

## Additional information

* Each topic should have a lead person and it is expected that each lead summarise the outcome of the
activity during each day's retrospective.
* Please add yourself to the Participants List on the wiki. We have limited space in the assigned rooms. You
can also let me or Laurence know if you are coming and we will add you to the List.
* I will explore the possibility to record the presentations.

I will send another mail with further information in a couple of days.

Best Regards
--
Agustín Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant