Re: Proposal for Remote Execution

Hi,

On Wed, 2018-05-30 at 13:59 +0200, Sander Striker wrote:
Hi,

On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 10:37 PM Jürg Billeter <j bitron ch> wrote:
[...]

The detail on how to handle the dependency of the C-based FUSE layer is open
for discussion. It might become an optional dependency. If we can hard
depend on the new CAS FUSE layer, we can completely drop the existing pyfuse
SafeHardlinks layer.

I am assuming we will not be using the SafeHardlinks layer when the
C-based FUSE layer is in use regardless?

Correct. If the new FUSE layer is available, it will also be used for
read-write rootfs (e.g., integration commands) and we won't use the
SafeHardLinks layer at all. However, the current plan is to not hard
depend on the new FUSE layer and if it's not available, keep using
SafeHardlinks.

Jürg