Re: Proposal for Remote Execution

Hi,

On Wed, 2018-05-30 at 13:40 +0200, Sander Striker wrote:
Hi,

On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 10:37 PM Jürg Billeter <j bitron ch> wrote:
[...]

The artifact directory structure (files, meta, logs) will be created locally
using the virtual file system API, and uploaded to the remote CAS as part of
the push job, if push is enabled.

Should assemble still be putting together the artifact directory
structure, or do we want to turn the artifact into a proto and store
that in the ArtifactCache?  I mentioned this on a separate thread and
it's easy to have it be lost: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/buildst
ream-list/2018-April/msg00038.html

The top level directory then doesn't need to be special cased; we can
decide what to download from the ArtifactCache entry rather than the
directory node in CAS.  In terms of interface it "feels" cleaner.

The main disadvantage I see is that the CAS server would need to be
aware of these additional proto message types for the purpose of
purging (artifact expiry). Any extension of such a message would
require a CAS server update.

Due to this I'm in favor of keeping a directory structure for files,
meta, and logs.

Jürg