Re: [BuildStream] Buildstream releasing model

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 30, 2018 at 4:51 PM Paul Sherwood via Buildstream-list <buildstream-list gnome org> wrote:
as discussed on IRC today (from [1] onwards) I (and others) think that
the BuildStream releasing model is confusing for new users and would
like to suggest that we change it now, rather than later.

I realize that I'm not a new user of the tool, but to me BuildStream's current release model is clear. If I want something that changes slowly and doesn't break but might not have the latest features, I use the latest stable branch from Git (bst-1.2), or the latest stable release (1.2.x) if I am able to install it with a package manager (which currently I'm not :/). If I want the newest features and performance improvements and I'm happy to help out when I find new bugs, I use the 'master' branch from Git.

I like that I have the choice between a "stable" and a "development" version and I think that this is the best way for the BuildStream project to provide that.

Sam