[BuildStream] Buildstream releasing model

Hi folks,
as discussed on IRC today (from [1] onwards) I (and others) think that the BuildStream releasing model is confusing for new users and would like to suggest that we change it now, rather than later.

IIUC understand it Tristan chose the current model because it is commonly used in GNOME projects, but I don't think that's a good justification.

'15:03 < paulsherwood> as a *user* I need a release the works, it should be obvious what that is at all times. and i need to be assured that when i move to the next one, the project has me covered so i don't find things broken in the move'

FWIW I settled on latest tag as the startpoint for new users on YBD [2], and the statement about which version to use is on the main page of its documentation, within the first screenful of the readme. I can't see why BST really needs anything more complicated than that, but would be interested to hear the reasoning.

I also chose year.week as the tag naming scheme, since that helps users (e.g. CI users) to immediately know how old the version of the tool is.

Note also that the current documentation doesn't actually make it clear which version to use (and the path most folks will follow is likely to lead them to master) which is a separate problem that I've raised as issue 528 [3]

br
Paul

[1] https://irclogs.baserock.org/buildstream/%23buildstream.2018-07-30.log.html#t2018-07-30T13:55:42
[2] https://gitlab.com/baserock/ybd