Re: [BuildStream] YAML file has content of type 'CommentedMap'

On Thu, 2018-08-09 at 18:44 +0100, Jim MacArthur via BuildStream-list wrote:
If you're seeing the above error, it's likely because you recently
installed BuildStream with pip3, and it's upgraded ruamel to a new
upstream version 0.15.52 which came out in the last few days.

I've proposed a one-line fix for this in
https://gitlab.com/BuildStream/buildstream/merge_requests/630 but I'm
about to be out of contact until Monday - please take a look and merge
if my diagnosis is correct.

Hi Jim, thanks for raising this and fixing it so quickly !

Just following up that this is now fixed both in master and the bst-1.2
branch, as per:

    https://gitlab.com/BuildStream/buildstream/merge_requests/630
    https://gitlab.com/BuildStream/buildstream/merge_requests/631

I will release an RC from `bst-1.2` soon, but for git users this is
already fixed.

I've not closed the issue yet as it seems this depends on a very big
merge request for buildstream-docker-images.

Chandan, can you look at the Docker Images repo and MR to ensure that
we're not accidentally generating docker images which provide the wrong
version of ruamel.yaml ?

BuildStream Issue: https://gitlab.com/BuildStream/buildstream/issues/571
Docker Images MR: https://gitlab.com/BuildStream/buildstream-docker-images/merge_requests/56