[BuildStream] 1.2 Back-porting [was: BuildStream 1.2 release timeline]

On 03/08/18 11:07, Agustín Benito Bethencourt via BuildStream-list wrote:
At the meeting we also talked about the need to describe a clear process
for developers to identify fixes that will need to be backported to 1.2 in
the future together with other ideas around the maintenance channel/cycle.

In the meantime, I'd like to encourage people to think about what has been merged since we branched 1.2 and consider what needs a back-port. Each contributor should take personal responsibility for this:

* Bug fixes that affect features already in 1.2 will need a back-port.
* Obviously, massive features branches landed in 1.3 (and any associated bugs) such as caching build trees, do not need a back-port.
* If in doubt, please ask on #buildstream.
* Use the format that Tristan has used in the past for his back-ports

Thanks,
Laurence