Re: [BuildStream] BuildStream 1.2 release timeline

Hi,

On Thursday, 2 August 2018 17:15:15 CEST Agustín Benito Bethencourt via
Buildstream-list wrote:
Dear BuildStream contributors, users and followers,

## Summary

The BuildStream v1.2 release timeline is:

* Feature freeze: Monday August 6th 2018.
      * Note: please have everything ready this Friday August 3rd 2018
(tomorrow).

* BuildStream v1.2 Beta: Monday August 6th 2018
      * Note: BuildStream v1.2 Beta = BuildStream v1.1.5

* BuildStream v1.2 Release Candidate 1 (RC1): Thursday August 23rd 2018

* BuildStream v1.2: RD (Release Date) Wednesday September 5th
      * Note: RT (Release Time): 12:00 UTC

## Considerations

* This week we should have all blockers finished. Please raise a red flag
if you are working in a blocker that will not make it or detect a
potential problem.

* There will be a meeting on Friday at 8:00 UTC to coordinate the feature
freeze. Please check the BuildStream calendar for details.

During the meeting we reviewed the features we planned to include in the
1.2 release, based on the Blocker board[1].

Unless a last minute surprise, all but one of the planned features will
make it for the coming release. We went also over some issues raised that
are related with the features that will be shipped in order to try to fix
them before the release is out.

@Michael, the one that will not make it is the one you raised 3 weeks ago:

"Be smarter about running integration commands" Link: https://gitlab.com/
BuildStream/buildstream/issues/464

Tristan will be working today in the technical description but we will not
have time to go over it. The idea is to include it in the first 1.3.x
release.

At the meeting we also talked about the need to describe a clear process
for developers to identify fixes that will need to be backported to 1.2 in
the future together with other ideas around the maintenance channel/cycle.
Nothing that will not be a matter of proposals and discussions on this list
or that refers to what was done for 1.0.

[...]

Best Regards

[1] https://gitlab.com/BuildStream/buildstream/boards/580466?
milestone_title=BuildStream_v1.2&=&label_name[]=Blocker

Best Regards
--
Agustín Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant