Re: [Builder] Future Java support...?

24.03.2016, 23:01, "Giovanni 'ItachiSan' Santini" <giovannisantini93 yahoo it>:

Hello there,
I am really interested in GNOME Builder, as it seems nicely built and with lot of interesting stuff. Also, I use already a Java IDE which is kinda heavy, as it is written in Java itself.
I would like to know what is the actual status considering Java support (autocompletion, building and else) and if there is something planned for the future.
Thanks in advance!

---
Giovanni Santini
My blog: http://giovannisantini.tk
My code: https://github.com/ItachiSan
My code, again: https://gitlab.com/u/ItachiSan
My Twitter: https://twitter.com/santini__gio
My Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/giovanni.santini
My Google+: https://plus.google.com/+GiovanniSantini/
My GPG: 2FADEBF5

Hello, Giovanni!

Java itself does not really integrate in GNOME environment well. There is a project called java-gnome for Java to support GTK+, but it doensn't seem to be mainteined actively anymore.

I suggest you trying Vala. If you already know Java, the good starting point is this guide: https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/Vala/ValaForJavaProgrammers

Regards,
Dmitry