Re: [Builder] Setting up for gnome-builder development

On 02/14/2015 07:43 AM, Omar Barboza Kostiuk wrote:
What do I need for that? What Linux distribution do you use? In what
IDE do you develop gnome-builder? Or do you just use a plain text
editor? I checked out and tried to build the latest version, but there
are dependencies to libraries that are not yet stable (for example
gtk+ 3.15.3) and thus not yet in the repositories of the distribution
I use. I also tried building gtk+ 3.15.3, but there again I had
package requirements not met, because the installed version are not
new enough... it seems a never ending circle.

Can anyone point me to the right direction?

Michael covered this well, so not much I can add.

The main thing to keep in mind, is that we intend for Builder to be as
much a part of GNOME as any of the other core applications. This means
that we develop Builder in lockstep with each new release of GNOME.

Therefore, the "unstable build" instructions are basically the same as
contributing to GNOME itself. (so jhbuild)

Cheers,

-- Christian