[Builder] Setting up for gnome-builder development

Hi everyone,

I've been following gnome-builder for some time now and I'd like to
try it out and see if I can somehow contribute. I'm a java developer,
but I'd gladly try to pick up some (at first small) tasks to help with
the development, if I can.

What do I need for that? What Linux distribution do you use? In what
IDE do you develop gnome-builder? Or do you just use a plain text
editor? I checked out and tried to build the latest version, but there
are dependencies to libraries that are not yet stable (for example
gtk+ 3.15.3) and thus not yet in the repositories of the distribution
I use. I also tried building gtk+ 3.15.3, but there again I had
package requirements not met, because the installed version are not
new enough... it seems a never ending circle.

Can anyone point me to the right direction?

Thanks and greetings,

Omar