Re: Joliet extensions and files with no filename extension

Hi,

Wow, thank you for digging into this!

It was a surprise for me to see that my predecessor Vreixo Formoso
back in 2007 implemented the suffix ".;1" for Joliet. But the specs
which i have give me the impression that he was right.

Nevertheless, in 2010 somebody must have complained to me and i
introduced an option to avoid the suffixes (suffice ?):
  "libisofs-0.6.30.tar.gz Sat Apr 17 2010
   * Now able to produce the same Joliet names as mkisofs.
  "
The xorriso changelog says it was a GRUB2 user (probably its developer
Vladimir Serbinko because xorriso-0.5.6 is minimum requirement by GRUB2):
  "libisoburn-0.5.4.pl00.tar.gz Mon Apr 19 2010
   * New -compliance options only_iso_version, no_j_force_dots
     avoid a bug in GRUB 1.96. They are default now.
  "
(Embarrassing what gaps appear in my wetware memory. I need an SSD implant.)

That will make my users happy that they don't have to switch to the dreaded
shell for a workaround. :)

Greetings to the users ! Life without you would be boring !

Have a nice day :)

Thomas