Re: Brasero 2.31.92 Release

Luis Medinas <lmedinas gnome org> wrote:

> this is planned for the next milestone (GNOME 3.0), during this release
> cycle we worked a lot to get Brasero ready for GNOME 3.0 so it didn't
> gave us much time to implement new features.

OK

> But i've been testing mkisofs and cdrecord on dual layer dvd's (which is
> something that doesn't work very well on dvd+rw-tools and cdrkit), and
> so far so good it works great.

cdrkit does not include working support code for DVDs. Even for other DVD media
it is a matter of luck to succeed.

growisofs makes the mistake to use the (slightly modified) data structures
returned by the drive in order to setup various modes. Some of the data
returned by the drive is nod valid as input data. Cdrecord always uses cleanly
set up data to be send to the drive.

Jörg

--
 EMail:joerg schily isdn cs tu-berlin de (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
       js cs tu-berlin de                (uni)