Re: Many bugs in latest version

Maxim Levitsky <maximlevitsky gmail com> wrote:

> > > Nope, the program I really prefer is xoriso.
> > > Your iso filesystem implementation still doesn't do _the_ thing I need.
> > > I need to be able to fully edit disks by adding sessions, not just add
> > > files...
> >
> > So you just need to read the mkisofs documentation in order to understand where
> > your mistake in understanding multi-session is...
>
> Every program I tried (in windows...) was able to:
>
> * delete files (yes I know that file is still on disk, but I don't care,
> I for example might put a more recent version of it...)
>
> * rename files, move them, etc...

Very few people need this feature and the development of mkisofs
is primarily oriented on stability code quality, correctness of the
created filesystem images and on the needs of the users.

Everybody is invited to collaborate if he likes to help adding features that
are of less importance for the average users.

BTW: even your beloved library author was invited. He decided not to do so and
he even managed to write two offensive mails within two weeks in this mailing
list.

Jörg

--
 EMail:joerg schily isdn cs tu-berlin de (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
       js cs tu-berlin de                (uni)