Re: Recommended backend for brasero-0.9.1?

El vie, 23-01-2009 a las 21:05 +0100, Philippe Rouquier escribió:
> Hi,
>
> I'd say have as many as you can installed =). They all have their
> limitations and advantages. The most complete is libburn, but at the
> same time it is quite young. Growisofs is quite good for DVDs only but
> it seems a bit unmaintained these days. Cdrdao is great for copying
> CDs (audio and data). cdrecord is better than wodim (which has quite a
> few bugs and which is unmaintained) and like wodim it has a limited
> support for DVDs; on the other hand, it received much testing over the
> years.
>
> Brasero handles automatically all that and chooses automatically the
> best backend to use according to the context.
>
> My only clear advice is don't use wodim only. Have at least growisofs
> as well. Wodim support for DVDs is really limited.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Philippe

I didn't know cdrkit was unmaintained, I read it someday in the past
but, after that, seemed that newer bumps were released by upstream
(latest release is 1.1.9 from 2008/10/26)

I am also using it as a lot of common distributions have switched to it
from cdrtools recently, but maybe I could revert it if you really think
cdrtools is better now

Thanks for the info