Re: Recommended backend for brasero-0.9.1?

Le vendredi 23 janvier 2009 à 20:41 +0100, Pacho Ramos a écrit :
Hi!

As seems that brasero has multiple backends available (cdrkit,cdrtools,
libburnia) I would know which one would you recommend to be used by
default. For now, I am being using cdrkit backend (as I were using
cdrtools and xcdroast in the past and migrating to cdrkit seemed the
most "natural" option)

Thanks a lot for the information :-)

Hi,

I'd say have as many as you can installed =). They all have their limitations and advantages. The most complete is libburn, but at the same time it is quite young. Growisofs is quite good for DVDs only but it seems a bit unmaintained these days. Cdrdao is great for copying CDs (audio and data). cdrecord is better than wodim (which has quite a few bugs and which is unmaintained) and like wodim it has a limited support for DVDs; on the other hand, it received much testing over the years.

Brasero handles automatically all that and chooses automatically the best backend to use according to the context.

My only clear advice is don't use wodim only. Have at least growisofs as well. Wodim support for DVDs is really limited.

Cheers,

Philippe