Re: Jon Stewart on Friday, October 6th

There's plenty to eat near the theater. There isn't actually much to
it /in/ the Theater District though, because it's all theaters, and
right next to Chinatown and the Common. Cheers is at the opposite
end of the Common. There's some stuff in the Downtown Crossing shopping
area too, just up Washington St. And there's plenty of restaurants
wedged in between all the hotels a block or two down Boylston. Then
there's the veritable orgy of food in Chinatown. If you plan on taking
a large group to King Fung Garden though, MAKE RESERVATIONS. The place
literally has only like 6 small tables, and one large round table. This
place was featured on Food Network, and is where I had dinner with Julia
Child. It's damn good, famous, and tiny. Other good places in Chinatown
are East Ocean City, Pho Pasteur, and Ginza.

-- dobey