Re: planning ahead, sort of :) August 2nd.

On 7/21/05, Matthew Nicholson <sjoeboo sjoeboo com> wrote:
> i'm fairly new to the list and was wondering what exactly goes down at
> these meetings? i'm a student in boston as well and am always down for
> drinking and all things gnome.

Oh, right! Welcome new gnome boston folks!

Mostly what goes down is beer[1], and shit-shooting. They are much
less 'meetings' and much more 'social gatherings', though obviously
social gatherings of people with such strong shared interest means
that we talk lots of GNOME too- I hear some RH QA people may show up
for this gathering, and I may pin them down and give them a noogie.
The usual place (mentioned in footnote 4 if memory serves) has pool
tables, if that gives you some indication of the atmosphere. We
obviously welcome new blood, we mostly don't bite :) So yeah, you'd be
welcome! Bring an open mind, positive attitude, and just be forewarned
that you may meet lots of people who are 'famous' or 'notorious' or
'smell', try not to be shocked by any of them ;)

Luis

[1] Well, not havoc, he can't handle his liquor.