Re: planning ahead, sort of :) August 2nd.

On Thu, Jul 21, 2005 at 06:12:12PM -0400, Luis Villa wrote:
> On 7/21/05, Matthew Nicholson <sjoeboo sjoeboo com> wrote:
> > i'm fairly new to the list and was wondering what exactly goes down at
> > these meetings? i'm a student in boston as well and am always down for
> > drinking and all things gnome.
>
> Oh, right! Welcome new gnome boston folks!
>
> Mostly what goes down is beer[1], and shit-shooting. They are much
> less 'meetings' and much more 'social gatherings', though obviously
> social gatherings of people with such strong shared interest means
> that we talk lots of GNOME too- I hear some RH QA people may show up
> for this gathering, and I may pin them down and give them a noogie.
> The usual place (mentioned in footnote 4 if memory serves) has pool
> tables, if that gives you some indication of the atmosphere. We
> obviously welcome new blood, we mostly don't bite :) So yeah, you'd be
> welcome! Bring an open mind, positive attitude, and just be forewarned
> that you may meet lots of people who are 'famous' or 'notorious' or
> 'smell', try not to be shocked by any of them ;)
>
> Luis
>
> [1] Well, not havoc, he can't handle his liquor.
> > On Thu, 2005-07-21 at 17:32 -0400, Luis Villa wrote:
> > > So, being as I'm all like student-y[1] and shit now, I have
> > > Responsibilities on Wednesday nights this summer. :/ But I have been
> > > informed by reliable sources[2] that there are other days of the week.
> > >
> > > So, tuesday night, Aug. 2nd[3] I propose Yet Another Drinking Culture.
> > > Because we have so much time, we can actually discuss where to have
> > > it.[4]
> > >
> > > Conditions:
> > > * reachable by subway for the ximian-y folks
> > > * quiet enough you can actually talk
> > > * beer, preferably lots and varied and cheap[5]
> > > * space for 10-20 people.
> > >
> > > Anyway, discuss! and I'll see you all in a dozen days.
> > >
> > > Luis
> > >
> > > [1] yeah, so, it is only summer school. Bite me ;)
> > > [2] as much as any applet can be called reliable
> > > [3] Yeah, it's a long way away, but I'm a busy man, what can I say?
> > > [4] Yes I know it's going to end up being in the same place we always
> > > have it, but it can't hurt to try ;)
> > > [5] yes, I know it is Boston and that last condition is impossible.
> >

> > BodyID:259002511.2.n.logpart (stored separately)

Alright, nice, I'm in[1]. So what bar is this "usual place"[2] and
where is it located[3]?
--
Mat Nicholson
sjoeboo sjoeboo com

[1] Aside from the sodomy comment that is...
[2] Again, cheap enough for a poor college student? However, Murphy's
on tap can be substituted for cheap beer because its worth it.
[3]Seeing how i make the trek from mission hill to Harvard for work a
few times a week, this really shouldn't matter.