Re: Re : duplicate parts

   Hi!

On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 05:42:18PM -0700, jean legrand wrote:
> with some effort (missing docs), I have written this solution. Sorry in advance for the identation.
> I've left the loop range idea away and the script only copies the content of a part into another, both parts given in arguments.
> I'm not very happy with the constant 2147483647 but I don't know how to say "find for all times".
> Also, I think there is a more elegant way to find a part from its name but I can't find out which one.
>
> Can you help me improve this code ?

That looks nice already. However, please make sure that you do not only copy
the notes but also the events (such as stereo panning or modulation depth).

Another improvement that is - I think - required is to replace the string
based specification of the part with an object based one. That is, the user
should get a dropdown list of all possible source parts.

I would have expected that the only thing that needs to be changed for this
to work is replacing (bse-param-string ...) with (bse-param-part ...). However
this did not work when I tried it, and some time spent debugging did only
reveal so far that bseparam-proxy.* is responsible for the necessary magic,
but I didn't figure out how to make it work. So I'll do a bit more
debugging.

Also I'd like it better if the script would not silently create overlapping
stuff when the destination part does not have enough space, but fail with
an error message.

I don't think the constant 2147... is terribly problematic, other than it
could be defined as constant somewhere.

Stefan Westerfeld, Hamburg/Germany, http://space.twc.de/~stefan