Re: Fantasy III contest

   Hi!

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 01:00:49PM +0100, Hanno Behrens wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 13. März 2008 schrieb Stefan Westerfeld:
 > > Topic: the purpose of life
> > Scheme:
> >
> > A12 Wer weiß, wohin des Schicksals Odem uns verweht.
> > B6  Das weiß der weise Wind.
> > B6  Keinen Ausweg ich find?.
> > A12 Macht, Ruhm, Reichtum, Feinde, Freunde - alles vergeht.
> > B6  Philosophen, Katastrophen - Neues entsteht.
> > B6  Ich vertrau' dir nicht blind.
>
> All right.
>
> The problem that I see, and why I -with a lack of diplomatics- said it will be
> difficult is, that on first sight you can see, that there is a clear sentence
> melody in "Wer weiß..." but on the other A12 there is just a hammering of
> subjects like "Macht, Ruhm,..." While the syllabies are the same the melody
> of the sentence is unmatchable. That was just the first thought in mind when
> I saw the lines.

Yes, you have got a point here. However, I spoke with STONI about the issue,
and he just said: "Well, the point of the challenge is to provide an
opportunity to artists to get not-so-easy lyrics into a nice song. So if
there are some rough edges in the lyrics (like the one you encountered), its
ok. It will allow artists to show their creativity; and if someone cannot
produce a nice result, then it just shows that (s)he lacks the necessary
experience to participate."

Stefan Westerfeld, Hamburg/Germany, http://space.twc.de/~stefan