Re: feature request: wave osc looping

   Hi!

On Wed, Nov 22, 2006 at 12:57:12PM +0100, Hanno wrote:
> The feature I'd like would be a loop for wave osc like on amiga wave osc.
>
> Even better than a simple "loop" flag as an parameter would be a loop start
> and loop end. So a sample will be played up from the start and then begin
> looping a part.
>
> It would be good to have a sync out and a sync in for the loop part too, so
> that its just working like an ordanary osc.
>
> The start and stop for looping could also be fetched from bsewavetool instead
> of manually parameter input. I think this even could be better.

Beast already supports configuring loops via bsewavetool, which are then
honored by the wave osc. Its done with xinfo strings:

http://beast.gtk.org/architecture.html#section-extra-information-(xinfo-strings)-for-wave-files

They can be added using

bsewavetool xinfo ...

Stefan Westerfeld, Hamburg/Germany, http://space.twc.de/~stefan