Re: The help menu

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004, Stefan Westerfeld wrote:

>    Hi!
>
> The help menu could be improved a bit, I think. My suggestion for how it
> should look like, would be:

> ---------
> Release Notes
> Quick Start
> Development -> Overview
>                Writing Plugins
>                GSL Engine
>                3rd Party TODO
> ----------
> About
>
> Here, the "Index" (which can currently only be reached indirectly) can be
> accessed from the documentation menu.

i've added Index... now and also related online links. i got rid of
the development menu though, because even though we have a bunch of development
documents at this point, i figured keeping the Index uptodate and
referring to the development section of the Index would be a better idea.

> The "Development" menu doesn't contain one (for a new developer rather
> confusing) text, but offers a clean introduction first, which tells him
> about the general architecture (SFI, SFIDL, BEAST, BSE, GXK, Scheme, GSL,
> Engine, ...). It offers advice on writing plugins.

this is meant to be the development section in Index now.

> And finally it offers something which the developer actually can do (3rd Party
> TODO).

> Of course, the "Overview", "Writing Plugins" and "3rd Party TODO" don't exist
> right now, but I think they should.

we have a 3rd party TODO in the wiki already, so the devel section
now simply links to that. the one document that's essentially lacking
at this point is "Overview". i'll make that "Architecture Overview"
and add it to the TODO list.

>    Cu... Stefan

---
ciaoTJ