[Banshee-List] Can't import or play from iPod

My iPod appears in the devices section of Banshee.  All my tracks are listed,
but I am unable to import my tracks nor can I play the tracks directly.
Videos will play and their audio is fine.  I have tried uninstalling and
re-installing Banshee but that doesn't help. BTW I just installed Mint for
the first time (I've used Ubuntu for years.)