Re: [Banshee-List] Add missing playing time for a track?

Jeffery Small <jeff cjsa com> writes:

I have a few mp3 files I have added to Banshee which show up with on track
playing time.  Some of these tracks even have a duration time in the
metadata which is not being displayed, while others do not.  Is there any
way to manually assign a track time?  Thanks.

I don't know if it can be done through the UI, but if you know some
SQL, you can set it in the database ($HOME/.config/banshee-1/banshee.db
in my case): the table is "CoreTracks" and the
columns is "Duration" (it is an integer, expressed in milliseconds).
You will probably need to do a search to find the TrackID of each track,
but that probably depends on how you organize your music. At the very
least, you should be able to search by title.

If you don't know SQL, avoid this: the potential for damage is great.
--
Nick