Re: [Banshee-List] Imported Files Not Copied[Was: Banshee 2.6.2 released!]

On 13/03/14 15:31, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
On Thu, 2014-03-13 at 07:12 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
I upgraded via "zypper install banshee-2.6.2-59.1.x86_64"
It installed, seems to be running, fine.  No crashes... yet.

But I still have an issue where preferences seem ineffective.  For
example I have the check boxes checked to copy media files to the
Banshee folder upon import.... but if I import files the properties of
the files still shows the path to the origin file as though it was never
copied.  And sure enough - if I rename the origin file it breaks
playback in Banshee.

Is this a D-Bus related issue [although the boxes APPEAR checked]? Or a
known bug?

There was a "which version of Mono is it compiled against" bug that
appeared in certain situations. I had it on my copy of Banshee from the
OBS for a while. Basically, GTK# was built against one .Net profile and
Banshee was compiled against a different one. Between the two versions
then the way equality was calculated changed, a method was missing, and
so preferences weren't changed.

You should be able to see whether it is that issue if you run Banshee
from the command-line. If you get lots of output about equals methods
then you're probably hitting that bug and whichever repo is building
Banshee needs to patch their build process for the package.

The other behaviour that indicated the bug was setting a preference,
closing Banshee, opening Banshee, checking the preference and finding
your value wasn't set.