[Banshee-List] Compiling 2.6.2 and 2.9.1 on Ubuntu 13.10

Hi all,
I consider myself an intermediary Linux user, but still, I find it harsh to find out how to compile Banshee on Ubuntu. I follow all the instructions on the website but still, I can't either compile a working version of 2.6.2 or not compile 2.9.1 at all. I know I will have to provide more info, but before digging deeper, I wanted to check with the community that it is doable and if someone did it already?

Critic: I am surprised that there are not lots of Ubuntu build versions on the Web. Like Ubuntu or not, it is among the most adopted Linux distributions. Building de facto projects for Ubuntu would help people get access to latest versions/innovations, facilitate its adoption, then lower the barrier for people like me who would like to contribute to the project. I love Banshee!

Christian