Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee is converting mp3 when sync

Do you have support for mp3 encoding installed?

I believe you will need lame and the proper streamer element installed. I am on OS X (and I am assuming you are on some manner of Linux) but I believe you can check if this is the case on Linux by running:

gst-inspect | grep mp3

in a terminal window and looking for the lame element. If it is present and you are indeed using GStreamer 0.10.x (we sadly are not yet on GStreamer 1.0 but that will happen soon I hear).

--
David Nielsen
Sent with Airmail