[Banshee-List] Banshee Hosting and Domains

Hi all,

I have been paying for the Linode on which the Banshee web site has run since June of 2010. When at Novell this was expensed, but I left Novell in January of 2011 for Rdio. Since then I've been paying for the domain names (of which there are a handful) and the hosting out of pocket. So far around $2000.

While I love this project I started, cherish the years I worked on it actively, and the wonderful people that have made it what it's become, I really cannot justify doing this any more.

Can we work together to set a plan in motion to transition the web site to someplace else? I really need to free my hands of this.

There are going to be some complications most likely. For instance, I do believe the Amazon/GNOME referral proxy is powered by the Linode.

We should work with the Foundation to figure out a best course of action. I'd hope transitioning everything fully onto GNOME infrastructure would be reasonable, considering the revenue we've generated for the Foundation through Amazon.

Best,
Aaron