[Banshee-List] Couple of General questions re: Banshee

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

For the past couple of years, I've been searching for an operating system besides Windows and have finally settled on Linux Mint Debian Edition (a rolling distro). I need a good jukebox player and Banshee seems to fit that bill. Currently the default player on LMDE is Banshee 2.4.1. Upgrading to the new 2.6 seems pretty difficult since it is not in the LMDE repository. I have been running JRivers Media Jukebox 8.400 which runs on my Windows XP, but even with WINE and Crossover Linux, cannot be made to run on Linux distros.
As you can no doubt surmise, I'm a noobie to both LMDE and Banshee.

I would appreciate some answers about Banshee.
Here are my questions:
1) Can I add a second or 3rd smartlist to one currently playing and then reshuffle all those songs in the "now playing queue? How?
2) Ditto for Albums and artists?

Does anyone know how I can upgrade my current Banshee 2.4.1 to 2.6.0  and explain it to me in very simple terms. Too often I've asked questions about a computer issue and person replying assumed I had a much greater knowledge base than I had.

For the purposes of this note, assume that I know nothing more than how to boot up my computer to LMDE.

As a retired physician, I know how complex the medical profession's language can be. Prior to going to medical school, I sold cookware door to door and the greatest lesson I learned was that if you talk to everyone as if they were in the 6th grade, most people will understand you and very few will feel offended because you are "talking down" to them. So, please Keep It Simple for Stupid here (KISS).

Thanks,
Dick

Show me something more beautiful than a beautiful girl, and then I'll go paint it." Alberto Vargas