Re: [Banshee-List] Assistance, please (upgrade to 2.6)

Do this:

Open a terminal. If you don't know how to do that, google it, it's simple. Then type:

apt-cache policy banshee

and hit enter. That will show you the banshee version in each debian branch. If 2.6 is not default in Mint Debian (which uses the "testing" branch), then it will probably be in the unstable branch. So type this to install it:

sudo apt-get install banshee -t unstable

and enter your password (you won't see the characters but they are actually being typed). I cannot check this myself as I don't use Mint Debian either but hope it will help you.