Re: [Banshee-List] (no subject)

Hi Martin,

Looks to me like the instructions need to be updated. I had to search Google to remind me how to add a PPA and I found this link: http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/how-to-add-a-ppa-to-software-sources-in-ubuntu

You can probably find other instructions if these don't work out exactly but this matches my memory of how to add it. There are also ways to do this via the command line ('add-apt-repository' is the command, I believe). Once you add the PPA repository I believe that you can pick things up from step 8 (using 'Synaptic' or just installing via apt-get from the command line).

Sorry, I'm not in front of my Ubuntu machine at the moment so I can't run through it myself. The instructions you attached make me think that they were written back before Unity became the default in Ubuntu. Back in the Gnome days I think those instructions would work.

Let me know if you are still stuck and I'll try it myself on my own computer to see where I am off.

Good luck!

-Phil