Re: [Banshee-List] winamp popm rating tag - solution?

Hi Chow,

sorry for not replying earlier, but I didn't think I had an answer for you. Firstly I don't know what popm is. It seems to me that your knowledge is more extensive than mine however just for your info I use, in Linux (Ubuntu 12.04) the Banshee media player by preference. However I have had my problems (which have now been solved).

My small (160Gbs) laptop is partitioned as per the attachment. That is 15Gbs to Linux, 30Gbs to Windows 7 and the rest is to Data (99% music).

All editing is performed in iTunes in Windows and all tags (mp3) are automatically applied via the very good editor in iTunes. (No this is not a plug for said media player!!!) I do this to allow iTunes to maintain tidiness of the music folders and because I don't like editing things in Windows from Ubuntu even though I can. I also prefer the Dj program I have in Windows to Mixxx although if Mixxx had a Key shift ability then I'd probably use it over the other.

To play my music in Banshee (Ubuntu) I need to reload the music at every first selection after a boot. If I don't power down then I don't need to reload. This is necessary because the music is stored in the windows side of my computer. This condition also applied to Rhythmbox also.

So upon calling the app/program I go to Media > Import Media > Choose Folders > Data > iTunes > iTunes Media > Music > Open

It takes about a minute to load.

You cross the partition when you open Data.

I do it this way because I have had no real success with Wine converter in using windows apps.

I hope this is of some use to you. I didn't really get on with Winamp which I believe is cross forum but I wouldn't know how it operates it's music sources. There are, as you probably know ID3 taggers available through the Ubuntu Software Centre.

Best Wishes.