Re: [Banshee-List] Maintenance release?

On 29/12/13 19:16, "Andrés G. Aragoneses" wrote:
On 21/12/13 21:20, Lukáš Říha wrote:
Hello,

Is there a chance that a new maintenance release of 2.6 branch
(something like 2.6.2) will be released?

Yes, I was thinking about doing that soon.

I was just thinking about whether 2.6 would get a maintenance release.
I've just re-installed with openSUSE 13.1 and there are a couple of
niggles that I think are fixed by later patches (from what I've read).

BTW, when will (approximately) Banshee 3.0 be released?

Honestly, it is very early to say. We plan to release 2.9.1 soonish.
Then we plan to work on gsettings, then release 2.9.2. But before
releasing banshee 3.0 I think we still need to work heavily on
webkit-sharp support and cross-platform support (and the latter is a lot
of work, as there are many new dependencies).

That being said, the more testers we have for the 2.9.x releases, the
more feedback we will have, and maybe the sooner and better the 3.0
release will be!

Cheers

How easy is it to have 2.6 and 3.0 side-by-side? I'd happily build
2.9/3.0 on my OBS for various openSUSE users, since I already have a
slightly patched 2.6, but I'd rather be able to install and run them
side-by-side instead of having to reinstall different versions if
something was broken for a while.